Old-Time Whiskey Punch is a classic cocktail that’s been around for centuries.
It’s a mix of whiskey, sugar, and citrus, that’s served over ice. The drink has a smooth, slightly sweet flavor with a hint of tartness from the citrus. It’s a perfect drink for any occasion, whether you’re sipping it on a lazy Sunday afternoon or enjoying it at a party with friends.
You can throw in some chunks of fruit if you want make this in a larger batch for a gathering.
Here’s what you’ll need in the way of ingredients to make an Old-Time Whiskey Punch:
- Orange juice (fresh is best)
- Sugar syrup (swap for ginger syrup if you have it)
- Club soda
- Ice (cubed)
- Citrus slices for garnish
- Chunks of fruit (eg pineapple) for a larger batch
- Jigger for measuring
- Glass for serving
- Add the cubed ice to the shaker
- Pour whiskey, lemon juice, and sugar syrup into the shaker
- Cover the shaker and shake vigorously for 10-15 seconds to chill the ingredients
- Fill a glass with ice and strain the mixture into the glass
- Top up the glass with club soda
- Garnish the drink with a citrus slice
Tips and Tricks
- Adjust the measurements of ingredients to suit your taste
- Use a high-quality whiskey for richer flavor
- Experiment with different citrus slices for different flavors