If you’re a cocktail enthusiast looking for a refreshing drink that’s easy to make and perfect for any occasion, look no further than the Campari Gin Sour.
This classic cocktail combines the bitterness of Campari with the sweetness of simple syrup and the sourness of lemon juice, creating a perfectly balanced drink. The addition of egg white creates a velvety texture and a beautiful presentation that is sure to impress.
In this article, we’ll show you how to make a perfect Campari Gin Sour at home.
We’ll provide you with a list of ingredients and equipment you’ll need, as well as a step-by-step guide to making the cocktail. We’ll also answer some frequently asked questions and provide you with some tips for making the perfect drink. Oh, and this cocktail can be made from the basic bottles we recommend to get started with your home cocktail bar.
So, whether you’re a seasoned bartender or a beginner looking to impress your friends with your cocktail skills, let’s dive in and learn how to make a perfect Campari Gin Sour.
- 2 oz gin
- 0.6 oz Campari
- 1 oz lemon juice
- 0.5 oz simple syrup
- 0.5 oz egg white
- Tumbler or frozen stemware
- Lemon twist or slice
- Big ice cubes (for tumbler)
- In a cocktail shaker, combine gin, Campari, lemon juice, simple syrup, and egg white.
- Shake without ice to combine the ingredients and create a foam.
- Add ice to the shaker and shake again until chilled.
- Strain the mixture into a tumbler or frozen stemware filled with big ice cubes.
- Garnish with a lemon twist or slice.
Benefits of the Campari Gin Sour recipe:
- Campari Gin Sour is a refreshing and balanced cocktail that is perfect for any occasion.
- This cocktail is easy to make and requires only a few ingredients.
- The combination of gin, Campari, lemon, simple syrup, and egg white creates a unique flavor profile that is both bitter and sweet.
- The foam created by shaking the egg white gives the cocktail a velvety texture and a beautiful presentation.
If you are looking for a classic cocktail with a twist, Campari Gin Sour is the perfect choice.
This cocktail combines the bitterness of Campari with the sweetness of simple syrup and the sourness of lemon juice, creating a perfectly balanced drink. The addition of egg white creates a velvety texture and a beautiful presentation that is sure to impress.
So, gather your ingredients and equipment, and shake up a Campari Gin Sour today!
Can I make a Campari & Gin Sour without egg white?
Yes, you can omit the egg white if you prefer, but it will affect the texture and mouthfeel of the cocktail. Consider swapping for chickpea juice, also known as aquafaba.
What kind of gin should I use for this cocktail?
Any dry gin will work well for this cocktail, but we recommend using a gin that has a strong juniper flavor.
What does Campari taste like?
Campari has a bitter, herbal, and slightly sweet taste with a bright red color.
What is the difference between gin and vodka?
Gin is a distilled spirit that is flavored with botanicals, while vodka is a neutral spirit that is distilled from any fermentable material.